Sign Your Club Up To The”Pete Beatty Atlantic Rowathon ” – Oldest Man To Row from Portugal to French Guyana, South America Challenge
Sat 10th and/or Sun 11th Feb 2024 At Your Gym or Club
Rowathon Organising Sponsor – Cartonica Liquid Joint Supplement
Pete Beatty, a roofer by day and adventurer by night, is aiming to become the oldest man to row across the Atlantic Ocean from Portugal to French Guyana, South America in an epic journey named “Indian Summer.”
This three-month expedition left on Wednesday 13th December 2023 and Pete aims to complete it in April 2024. It is not just an unbelievable personal feat but a charitable endeavour which aims to raise over £100,000 for men’s mental health charity “Tough Enough To Care” and “Prostate Cancer UK.”
Pete, from Bishop’s Stortford in Hertfordshire (near Stansted Airport), will be rowing two hours on two hours off for about 100 days straight! And he’s 60!! Hence he’s called it Indian Summer because you’re never too old to do things!
Cartonica Liquid Joint Supplement is thrilled to invite your gym or sports club to join oars with Indian Summer in supporting this adventure through the “Pete Beatty Atlantic Rowathon.”
This amazing event is for your members to put their backs (arms, legs and determination!) into supporting Pete, a humble guy attempting extraordinary things, and two really important men’s health causes.
- Event Name: “Pete Beatty Atlantic Rowathon”
- Date: Saturday, 10th Feb 2024 and /or Sunday 11th Feb
- Duration: A one hour members rowing challenge during opening hours
- Location: Your gym / sports club (anywhere with a rowing machine!)
- Format: Individuals or buddies can participate by paying £10 per hour to row.
- Registration: Gyms and clubs can sign up to receive a PR pack with posters and materials for event promotion.
How to Participate
- Sign Up: Register your gym or sports club in the form below
- Receive PR Pack: Once registered, you’ll receive a comprehensive PR pack with posters and materials to promote the event at your facility.
- Set Up: Designate a rowing station within your gym or club for participants to take on the challenge.
- Encourage Participation: Motivate your members to sign up for the Rowathon and experience a painful but fraction of the physical and mental challenges Pete will endure during his transatlantic row. They can row as individuals, pairs or a whole group!
- Donations: Participants contribute £10 per hour of rowing, with all proceeds going towards the charities. Either they pay directly to the Crowdfunder page or you collect the entries. You can also encourage participants to get sponsors.
Here is Pete’s crowdfunder page
Most gym members might row 500m or 1,000m, but how far can they go in an hour.
Members can buddy up for the hour or do the hour solo. Pete is battling waves up to 30 feet high on his own, he needs our support!
This is is a fun endurance event.
Benefits for Gyms and Sports Clubs
- Community Engagement: Demonstrate your commitment to community well-being and charitable causes.
- Publicity: Be featured in promotional materials and social media platforms associated with the Rowathon. Create interest in local media to promote your gym or club and promote active January.
- Team Building: Encourage team spirit among your members by participating as a group. Let your PTs and staff provide motivational encouragement!
We’ll send you posters, leaflets and social media posts.
Participating in the “Pete Beatty Atlantic Rowathon” is an opportunity for your gym or sports club to support a remarkable individual in his quest to raise funds for critical men’s health causes. This event not only promotes physical fitness and mental health through exercise but also fosters a sense of community and compassion.
And finally Pete hopes to inspire others to challenge themselves, whatever their age!
Join us in making a difference and showcasing the strength of our community. Let’s row together with Pete towards a healthier future!
Pete Beatty Atlantic Rowathon Donations
Tough Enough To Care
Prostrate Cancer UK
Rowathon Organising Sponsor
Cartonica Liquid Joint Supplement by Clinic Nutrition.